Facilities Engineer – Sligo
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience managing facility projects in a brown field site, i.e. cleanroom refurbishments, packaging areas expansion, some offices etc…
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritized work assignments; manage significant event reporting and follow ups for all critical events to closure. Expedite repairs in most cost efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare detailed layouts, plans, specifications and bid requests for equipment and construction
- Provide project management for facilities expansion/renovation projects. Ensure on time completion of projects within budget.
- Deal with local and outside vendors in the acquisition or replacement of new materials for machinery or equipment.
- Direct efforts of contract labour on projects and day to day support.
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for moderately complex building construction, rearrangements, maintenance, facilities installation and floor layouts.
- Direct Facilities spares control. Develop into cost effective/efficient operation. Minimize stock levels, yet still allowing for effective maintenance operation.
- Serve as a member of the EHS safety committee.
- Participation in regulatory and corporate audits
- Monitor capacity and determine what additional utilities are required for any new equipment installations with a view to having duty/standby where possible.
- Implement programs for the conservation of electricity, water, gas, and compressed air along with waste management
- Team work and customer focus oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train, coach and motivate team members.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes, OSHA, Good Manufacturing Practices, environmental regulations and ISO standards.
- Strong project management expertise.
- Must be experienced in Plant/Facilities equipment such as HVAC, UPS, water treatment and compressed air systems.
Education / Experience
- B.S. (Level 8) in engineering with 2-3 years minimum facilities experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Very good IT/computer skills including an understanding of BMS & CMMS systems.
For more details please contact Sylvester on 0949029944