A Mayo-based Company is looking for an experienced Financial Controller.
The primary role of the Financial Controller is to manage the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department, managing a wide range of finance and accounting related tasks and taking responsibility for financial reporting, preparation and presentation of accurate monthly management accounts. He/she will be a key member of the Senior Management team. There is also a very clear strategic focus to this role and it is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, high energy finance professional to join the key leadership team of a growing business.
• Responsible for all accounting functions including all general accounting, statutory accounts, tax returns, management accounts and cash management.
• Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements and reporting obligations are complied with.
• Taking ownership of the monthly Management accounts process.
• Analysis of P+L results and preparing commentary for Senior Management.
• Budget preparation and analysis.
• Produce weekly and monthly sales and operational analysis as required.
• Liaising with the external Auditors in respect to the year- end audit process.
• Support internal business partners as required to investigate and develop action plans for necessary projects.
• Develop relationships with all key stakeholders within the business.
• Produce weekly and monthly sales reports by rep., weekly quotation report by rep., debtors report and ensure they are available for review by the CEO.
• Management of debtors and creditors accounts – holding key staff to account when required.
• Management of the finance team within the Company.
• Working closely with the Commercial and Operational teams to ensure accuracy of accounts and processes.
• Support the CEO in providing analytical support and advice on commercial opportunities and management decision making affecting the business and its finances.
• Supporting the development and achievement of Company Strategy, long range planning, annual operating and capital budgets, identifying opportunities for profitable growth and expansion, developing alternative scenarios and strategic planning options.
• Qualified Accountant.
• Trustworthy and Value focused.
• Team Management Experience.
• Not afraid to challenge decisions.
• Very strong technical accounting skills.
• Commercial orientation.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
• Strong communication skills and ability to influence.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritise work.
• Can do’ attitude.
For more details please contact Sylvester on 0949029944