Our client is seeking to recruit HSQE Advisor for large civil contracts in the South West of the country. The successful candidate will be based in the South West region, covering multiple sites through the region. The role will be supported by the site management team and also by the HSQE team.
Job Specification/Role Responsibilities:
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Provide professional support and advice to the Site Management Teams and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Carry out Site Inspections.
- Conduct Tool Box Talks and HSQE Stand-downs with site operatives and staff.
- Assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
- Produce HSQE performance reports as required.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Carry out accident/incident/near miss investigations, produce relevant reports and advise on recommendations to prevent recurrences.
- Work closely with the Group HSQE in continually improving our Business Management Systems.
- Attend Client and external Site Inspections and/or Audits.
Person Specification/ Qualification & Skills:
- Experience in HSQE in civil construction.
- Good academic qualifications, 3rd Level qualification in Health & Safety preferable.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written
- English is essential.
- Full driving licence.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification in related subject.
- Member of a relevant professional institute.
- Health & Safety Training in industry issues.
If you would like to apply for this position you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org