Job Specification / Role Responsibilities:
- The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Provide professional support and advice to the Programme Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Provide an Assurance and Audit role in the company.
- Assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
- Produce HSEQ performance reports as required.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Responsible for reviewing accident and incident HSQE reports, coordinating investigations and advising on recommendations to prevent recurrences.
- Assist and liaise with external bodies e.g. enforcing agencies.
Person Specification / Qualifications & Skills:
- Significant experience in HSQE in civil construction .
- Good academic qualifications, 3rd Level qualification in Health & Safety preferable.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification in related subject.
- Member of a relevant professional institute / chartered status.
- Health & Safety Training in industry issues.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Computer literate. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
- Full driving licence.
For further information contact Aileen on 094 9029944 and email CV firstname.lastname@example.org