Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Materials Manager to join their team in Co mayo. The Materials Manager concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities on site. The materials team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- The materials manager manages purchasing, supplier quality and business units responsible for all aspects of supplier management.
- Demonstrates technical skills in commodity management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports continuous improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise, works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Honours degree and minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- The Materials Manager must possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in development of new supply sources advantageous
- Project Management skills to manage Supplier and Material changes
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is desired
If you would like to apply for this position you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com