Process Improvement Engineer
Our client is seeking to recruit Process Improvement Engineer to join their team in Roscommon. The purpose of this position is to champion process improvement activities in order to improve product and process quality, reduce down time and cost and to strengthen problem solving and error proofing throughout the company, to deliver projects as determined and scoped by the company within agreed timeline and budgets
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Together with the management team target projects which will have the biggest impact in terms of improving key business metrics.
- Set up robust data collection systems that will support and drive projects and their continued monitoring after completion.
- Using best practices, identify areas of improvements in order to reduce variances in product, practice, and processes
- Give guidance to cross functional Core Teams and Green Belt Engineers in relation to projects/tasks under their control
- Through analysis of existing metrics and data, identify areas of potential concern before they arise and take action to prevent occurrence of the failure
- Drive and create a culture of continuous improvement within all areas of the company.
- Up skill our current technical resources to manage and support improvement projects in all areas of the business.
- Draft and present project plans and reviews to the management team and other relevant stake holders.
Supervisory Role (if applicable):
- This position does not normally have any direct reports. However, the person will need to act as mentor/leader to various cross-functional teams and project teams as part of his/her role.
- Should have a primary degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Has a proven track record in managing a number of successful projects through to completion.
- S/he should have a proven track record in Project Planning and Execution.
- Ideally hold a lean six sigma qualification and working towards black belt accreditation.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- S/he must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.
- S/he should have strong communication, project management, organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills
If you would like to apply for this position you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV