- Assist in the preparation of forecasting, ordering, scheduling of all inventory orders with suppliers in close collaboration with all departments but especially the relevant sales, warehousing operations and accounts payable personnel.
- Execute all aspects of the procurement process with regular engagement with sales departments to record and respond to changes in demand trends.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute all aspects of orders from the placement of the order carriage in to Goods In to payment.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable Section and Goods In / Warehousing management.
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to manage, measure, control and improve the efficiency of all Procurement functions. Contribute to the creation of action plans which accompany these reports in order to drive the culture of Lean Methodology, continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant stock to maximize availability of working capital.
- Identify gaps in the procurement systems, process and procedures and assist in the development of practical solutions to bridge such gaps.
- Practice a commercial focus to all activities within the section to ensure that the activities are flexible, responsive and dynamic to the ever changing commercial business environment.
- Create good working relationships with suppliers, carriers / couriers and all staff to ensure the smooth operation of the procurement function.
- Assist in all control costs of inventory, carriage in and staff.
- Ensure all procurement, process and procedures are operated in accordance with our Quality Management and Health & Safety Management systems at all times.
- Continuously record measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved so that they do not reoccur.
- Develop the skills and understanding so that you are capable of preforming all functions within the procurement section.
- Similar role in current or previous role.
- Previous procurement or purchasing experience are a distinct advantage.
- Logistics and inventory experience are advantageous.
For further information contact Maria on 094 9029944 and email CV email@example.com