Production Supervisor – Roscommon
- Purpose of position:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Process Technicians and Technical/ Process Assurance Operators working within a culture of continuous improvement to achieve the production schedule and deliver on key performance metrics
- Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver on the key performance metrics and strategic objectives for the relevant production area.
- Manage resources to deliver on the production, inspection and shipping schedules which effectively achieves output, sales and customer service targets
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages and documentation are accurately reviewed in addition to time sheets and material reconciliations and are completed in a timely and accurate manner as specified in the quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross- functional relationships
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused extrusion team and work with the technical Supervisor and other departments to develop, train and up skill the team.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering an approach to Continuous improvement /6 Sigma practices.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints
- Identify areas for improvement and lead improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that all products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, 5S, GMP.
- Manage and ensure compliance to quality and safety systems within the manufacturing department
- Actively promote, lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure actions, improvements and decisions emanating from these reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with technical engineering and quality departments in managing resources to support technical trials/new product/new technology introduction.
- Supervisory Role (if applicable):
The Production Supervisor is responsible for a team of Process Technicians and Process Assurance Operators.
In his/her absence the Production Manager or another Supervisor will deputise.
- Person Specification:
- The Production Supervisor will have a science/technical or primary degree or equivalent in Polymer, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- A specialist course in production supervision or human resource management is preferable.
- S/he should have a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably with at least 3 years in a manufacturing environment in a supervisory role. Medical device or diagnostics manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- Practical level-headed individual, who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the production management team.
- Six sigma process experience of fostering a culture of pro-activity and problem resolution.
- Must have a good working knowledge of production and quality system requirements in the health care industry.
- Self-starter with good motivational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills and be a decision –maker.
- Ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- Rational thinker that can improvise should the need arise.
- The position may require working a rotating 3 shift cycle shift.
For more details please upload your CV in word format and contact Sylvester on 0949029944 / 086 1894100