Our client one of Ireland’s leading Engineering Construction Companies is currently recruiting for Project Managers (highway) Nationwide.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of the Contract.
- The Project Manager will ensure compliance to any statutory, regulatory and Customer requirements. The Project Manager will check and authorise purchase requisitions prepared by their staff for incorporating into their works and liaise with the purchasing manager on any issues relating to procurement.
- He/She will control all sub-contractors on their contract for compliance to quality & safety requirements.
- The Project Manager will check the progress of the works to meet the construction program, they are responsible for identifying, and taking necessary action in the event of a slippage.
- He/She will ensure, in conjunction with and with the agreement of the contracts manager, that the requirement of the construction program is followed they will record the actual progress.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the achievement of required quality by preparing and implementing the site quality plan and procedures through their site team, they will identify any items requiring controls in the Quality Plan, via the Inspection & Test Plan, and the records necessary to show their achievements.
- The Project Manager is responsible for identifying any necessary in-house temporary works designs, these will be carried out and checked by appropriate persons, and will then ensure the correct implementation on site, designs carried out on site will be sent for checks and approval, if necessary, to the delegated engineers, special design, if any, will be treated as one-off for external design.
- The Project Manager is responsible for Safety Planning and enforcing safety rules as advised by the Safety Consultants, the Project Manager will assist in planning for budget compilation and ensure that costs are minimised and safe working practices are used.
- The Project Manager shall coordinate efforts of their staff for the execution of the work. He/She will monitor their performance and ensure procedures/work instructions are established and adhered to and all necessary documents for verification are available on files, they will advise the Contracts Manager on any training needs for the staff allocated, the Project Manager may delegate responsibilities in writing, when necessary.
- The Project Manager is responsible for arranging any outside inspection and tests identified on the Inspection & Test Plan, they will liaise with the Customers representative at the site on a day to day basis, arrange and attend meetings.
- The Project Manager will maintain a ‘Site Diary’ on completion of the Contract, the Project Manager will submit an End of Contract Review Report highlighting achievements, difficulties and any suggestions for future work to the Contracts Manager, for a feed back to other departments.
- The Project Manager will liaise with the Quality Assurance Manager through the Contracts Manager on matters related to Quality issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar project management role
- Civil engineering experience
- Roadworks/motorway experience a distinct advantage
- Ability to maintain high levels of health, safety & quality on site
- Ability to manage sub-contractors
- Strong communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com