Our client is looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant for a 6 month fixed term maternity cover contract commencing June 2018. This role is based in our their plant working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
This position requires strong communication skills, the ability to work effectively in maintaining supply inventory levels. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager.
- High volume detailed & specific data entry
- Placing high volume of purchase orders with our suppliers
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact suppliers when there are discrepancies
- Dealing with telephone queries
- Preparation of detailed reports and communication updates
- Working with numerous internal computerised systems
- Working closely with the Goods In department regarding any changes to delivery schedules.
- Previous experience as a purchasing assistant role is essential
- Knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- IT proficient in all areas of Microsoft
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills
For more information contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 094 90 29944