Retail Area Manager
Our client is seeking a Retail Area Manager for their stores across the North West
To drive sales and profitability in a given number of stores by ensuring exceptional store standards. The Retail Area Manager should ensure stores are delivering compliance on all operational policies, procedures and targets.
Key to this role is to drive and deliver a ‘best in class’ retail proposition. This involves a hands-on approach to managing and coaching the store manager and team to improve their performance and deliver desired business outcomes. This role is commercially focused and requires exceptional people skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive sales, margin and return on space to agreed targets
- Deliver exceptional retail standards across your territory
- Develop and motivate all retail employees to deliver company expectation by giving direction and instruction where necessary
- Ensure all new processes and procedures are implemented at store level
- Build strong relationships with the retail manager to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the store
- Monitor and control all operational costs
- Develop staff to achieve their full potential, this include coaching and mentoring the retail managers where applicable
- Ensure weekly KPIs template is completed on time and accurately
- Identify exceptional performance where necessary and take the either the necessary remedial action or maximize the over performance
- Develop robust and detail action plans for all stores covering all KPI’s
- Constantly analysing the revenue drivers and exploring methods to improve them in each store providing end to end solutions
- Applies improvements across all retail stores in line with company policy
- Ensure compliance to preferred supplier lists to maximize margin
- Merchandising and pricing
- Category Management plans
- People Management
- Promotes the effective use of hot spots and promotional areas
- Ensures the store windows are effectively and commercially employed.
- Ensure compliance with planograms and preferred suppliers
- Promotes customer engagement, maximizing sales opportunities
- Promotes up-selling and link selling by the store team in line with training programs and quick reference aids
- Ensure correct execution of seasonal promotions
- Ensures compliance with preferred retail pricing that maximizes margin, and considers product price sensitivity and local competitive factors
- Travel required
- A minimum of 3 years management experience within the wider retail market
- Have strong people management and influencing skills.
- A proven track record of sales growth and business development
- Be a high achiever with determination and drive to succeed.
- Capable of driving business profitability by implementing good business controls.
- Excellent communication, planning, organization and analytical skills
- Organised, flexible, motivated and a hard-working leader
- Retail business degree or equivalent
- Full clean driving license
- Natural Leader
- Strong influential skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Demonstration of continuous improvement and prioritization
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
For more information or to apply contact Aoife at email@example.com or call 094 90 29944