Setting Out Engineer
Setting Out Engineer – Dublin 4
Setting out engineer required for residential development in Dublin City. This is an RC frame building 4 storeys over basement. Project duration is 12 months.
The ideal candidate will:
– Hold a minimum of a Diploma qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering or closely related discipline
– Have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience on site, preferably with some civil’s work background and strong setting out skills.
– Be eager to progress his/her career with a main contractor
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing all Contract Documents to ensure there are no conflicts in the documents
- Setting out the works in accordance with the drawings and specification.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Liaising with the Project Manager / Site Manager regarding construction programmes.
- The checking and monitoring of materials and work in progress for compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Observance/Awareness of safety requirements relevant to the Project for all persons working on the site. Observance/Awareness of safety requirements where the Project activities involve interaction with the Public. Immediate intervention where a potential safety issue arises or could arise.
- Reporting of all safety incidents and/or accidents to the Project Manager/Site Manager.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for construction activities
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities in conjunction with the Project Manager / Site Manager.
- Quality control in accordance with Contract documents, company procedures, method statement, quality plans and inspection and test plans.
- Liaising with company purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the required quantity, required specification, delivery time and delivery details.
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate)
- Providing data in respect of variation orders and site instructions.
- Preparing record drawings, photographic records, technical reports and site diary.
- Preparing all site returns in accordance with 100 series forms.
- Preparing report for BCAR inspections including completing 200 series forms where required.
- Ensuring all verbal instructions received from the Employer/Employers Agents are recorded and confirmed to the Project Team for action.
- Ensuring all documents received from the Employer / Employer’s Agent are recorded and confirmed to the Project Team for action.
- The referral of any subcontract requests in relation to their contract to the Project Team for clarification/confirmation.
- Monitoring and checking of site hoarding and/or work exclusion barriers to ensure they are secure and adequate for the Project during working hours and for when the site is closed.
- The proper care and maintenance of all company or hired property involved in performing your role or under your supervision.
For more details please upload your CV in word format and contact Sylvester on 0949029944