Tax Manager – Galway
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax Manager to work within our clients national tax practice. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking high-achiever who is keen to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- provide a top class tax service to a wide portfolio of corporate and personal tax clients – manage the corporate and personal tax compliance deadlines for all tax clients;
- work with fellow senior managers, directors and partners to ensure the smooth running of the department and the achievement of key business goals and objectives;
- supervision and development of a team of tax trainees and seniors;
- assist in the provision of proactive tax planning advice including and not limited to:
- succession planning for privately held businesses;
- capital taxes, trusts and probate;
- intellectual property and R&D tax exploitation;
- capital allowances and general tax relief’s;
- tax restructuring including M&A, MBO’s;
- advising receivers/NAMA on tax compliance obligations and transaction restructuring;
- correspond with both Revenue and clients on the clients’ tax affairs;
- promote increased awareness of tax issues and opportunities across the business units;
- involvement in sustaining/growing client business, proposing and winning new business and positively contributing to the overall development of the practice; and
- various ad hoc duties and responsibilities as directed by partners and management.
Skills and attributes
- the chosen candidate will have a proven record for service excellence, be a strong communicator and be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills;
- you will need to be AITI qualified with at least 3 years post-qualification experience; and
- a strong personal tax, corporate tax and capital gains technical knowledge will be essential, in addition a working knowledge of other taxes.
For more details please contact Sylvester on 0949029944