Technical Support Level 2 Engineer
- To provide exceptional standards of support to all customers and support a variety of products, services and platforms.
- The effective day to day management and resolution of incidents raised by customers, in accordance with Service Level Agreements, documented processes and procedures; and provision of technical expertise on assigned project/support activity.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Work towards achieving 2nd Line CSF & KPI’s
- Ensure that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs
- Take ownership of logged incidents, tracking the progress of all calls and follow-up with the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with the resolution
- Follow processes to ensure that a high quality of service is provided to all customers
- Build relationships within the service desk team, the delivery team and the wider organisation
- Diagnoses and troubleshooting Level 2 problems encountered with hardware, software and peripherals.
- Documents service orders and perform follow up of completed orders for management information reporting and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates user requests with external vendors according to policies and procedures.
- Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve.
- Provide guidance / training for less-experienced personnel.
- Coordinates referrals to appropriate technical, professional or service personnel for appropriate services, repairs, training or follow-up.
- Ensure that documented procedures and processes are understood and followed
- Follow escalation procedures effectively for any incidents that cannot be managed and resolved or risk breach to SLA
A suitable candidate must demonstrate a good working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Server management
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Network Backups
- Experience with VMWare
The successful candidate must be ITIL certified with demonstrated application of ITIL framework in previous employment
minimum of 5+ years experience in IT, remote support experience is preferable.
- Appropriate second or third level qualification an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills; this includes language proficiency and communication skills, good writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills.
- Strongly team-focused
- Commitment to self development and may assist in development of others
For further information contact Maria on 094 9029944 and email CV