Reporting to the Operations Excellence Manager, the Quality Engineer will work as part of the quality operations team driving initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and quality performance in a highly automated environment.
- Investigate customer complaints and develop effective corrective actions using 8D process.
- Drive improvement projects to enhance quality of products and processes.
- Prepare PPAPs and manage customer approval process.
- Support production and engineering to improve internal quality performance.
- Support the development of PFMEA’s, process control plans & work instructions.
- Assist in the auditing and improvement of IATF 16949 quality system.
- Support the development and achievement of quality metrics
- Work directly with Customers to understand and improve Quality Performance.
- Recognised Engineering or Quality qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Quality / Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
- Statistical and process orientation and electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab)
- Proficiency in problem solving and quality techniques would be an advantage, including:
- 8D Problem Solving
- Quality Auditing
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- MSA (Measurement System Analysis)
- Customer focused, proactive problem solver, with close attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Team player