Assistant Engineering Manager
The Assistant Engineering Manager, serves Operations, Global Engineering, New Product Development (NPD), and Research and Development (R&D). The Assistant Engineering Manager is responsible for directing project teams and individuals, process development, and to provide technical expertise.
- Providing direction of Associates within Continence Care Global Engineering, controlling organization growth and work force planning, recruitment and selection, managing performance and career development planning.
- Develop & manage the Continence Care Master Project Plan, and ensure performance to plan. Communicate with external stakeholders, support individual project leaders and co-ordinate the overall program resources and budget
- Management of the Capital budget for the Continence Care Ballina, in coordination with Global Engineering. Management of the Continence Care Engineering Department budgets, and support of AOP process
- Supporting of Tier boards meetings across Global Operations.
- Support Operations capacity improvement projects and focused improvement Teams.
- Development and implementation of Continence Care cost reduction programmes on an annual basis, and supporting the Should Cost program.
- Working with the Continence Care NPC & GMO functions, providing appropriate technical support on both existing and new product development.
- Manage the introduction of new products/technology ensuring a stable and capable process.
- Management of the EHS function, and contribution to the promotion of Health and Safety within the Continence Care Plant, including accident investigation, development of accident reduction measures and controls, and conformance to current legislation with regard to machine safety.
- Primary Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline is mandatory. (Desirable but not essential – Post Graduate Degree in Business or Engineering discipline).
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Medical Device manufacturing and Global Engineering experience of highly automated environment
- FDA, ISO experience preferred
- Familiarity with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles desirable.