Bridge Engineer – Cork
Our client a multinational engineering and consultancy firm are recruiting a bridge engineer to join their Bridges and Civil Structures team within their Cork location. They have an exciting portfolio of varied and challenging work. They place an emphasis on delivery of quality design and consultancy services to our clients to add value to the projects we undertake.
- Bridges and Civil Structures design across a range of project types and scales, including Highway, Rail and Pedestrian bridges in Concrete, Steel and Steel
- Composite. Structural types varying from buried structures to multi span structures, bespoke pedestrian bridges, post-tensioned box girders and long span cable supported structures.
- Design delivery within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Managing small teams in the production of calculations, drawings, reports, risk registers and specifications
- Contributing to the development and application of best practice, including automation, scripting and development of in house tailored analysis tools
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer with excellent Design, Technical, and Software Skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-discipline design teams, taking responsibility for their own work and that of others. You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skills.
Requirements and skills:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Chartered Engineer or actively working towards Chartered status (expected experience 3-6 years in similar positions)
- Strong technical skills in bridge design and analysis, including proven experience in the use of market leading software packages for finite element analysis (GSA, Midas, Sofistik).
- Quality design experience in the fields of bridges and civil structures
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Be able to design and deliver bridge engineering solutions on complex projects
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
For more information feel free to call Chris on 0949029944/0872348835