Civil Engineer – Roads
Our client is looking to appoint an Engineer to join our expanding team in Kilkenny. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, especially across construction sites, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be well versed in HSE management, quality control, subcontractor manager and production of project handover documentation. Role will ideally suit an ambitious professional who wishes to progress their career into project management and beyond in an expanding business.
- Site Set up and documentation preparation
- Accurate record keeping of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of same to company management, commercial team and client.
- Compiling traffic management plans as required, coordination with utility companies
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good construction practice
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality procedures and ISO 9001
- Developing temporary works solutions in conjunction with temporary works designers
- Management of Junior Engineers and ability to work with construction managers
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related Discipline is required.
- 3+ years Road Civils experience essential
- Structures or M&E experience would be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft project and Microsoft office
- Cad experience would be advantageous
- Ability to analyse, question and follow specifications is desirable
- Ability to resource work activities in an efficient manner
- Ability to work to deadlines Strong work ethic and desire for career progression.
- Proven commercial awareness would be desirable
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment.