Civil Engineer – Utilities
Our client is seeking a motivated, forward-thinking engineer to develop several new service offerings for our growing utility services portfolio.
This is a pivotal role for the organisation that will be at the cutting edge of Irish engineering, applying the latest technology and new ways of thinking for mapping the services that are buried beneath us.
They work with, and provide services to, most of Ireland’s largest utility asset owners and their contractors, providing them with critical data and intelligence to maintain our national infrastructure that are so fundamental to the maintenance of our standard of living; including energy (electricity and gas), water, data and waste services.
The right candidate will be offered full support to succeed, with the opportunity to learn and develop in the role.
We are seeking an engineer to fulfil this new role which will include:
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including utility asset owners, consultants and contractors
- Development of client base for range of new services and growth of the department
- Managing budgets and project resources including scheduling
- Ensuring projects comply with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and are completed on time and within budget
- Site supervision of field crews
- Leading and developing the team, shared responsibility for overall management
- Succession planning and team expansion
- Setting standards and implementing quality management
- Driving engineering design software excellence with a view to improving the overall efficiency of the division
- We believe this diverse role will be 50% office-based and 50% site/field based.
Ideally the candidate shall have:
- A Level 8 degree in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in civil engineering utility design/construction (ideally both)
- Extensive knowledge of utility design guidelines
- An understanding of site investigation, drainage CCTV and utility survey methodologies
- An understanding of procurement rules in Ireland
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop a good rapport with clients
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Ability to think methodically and experience in managing projects
- A self-starter who uses their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Can display a high degree of customer empathy
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Experience in the use of proprietary civil engineering software packages
- A commercial mindset
For more information call Chris on 0949029944 or 087 2348837 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org