Nordic Region- Finland
Our client a multinational engineering firm are looking for an experienced commercial manager with relevant M+E experience for an exciting opportunity to advance their career on their Nordic projects.
Successful candidate will be reporting to Group Commercial Director/Commercial Lead.
The candidate will be expected to manage the business unit revenue and cashflow with forecasted vs. actual monthly reporting and comply with business commercial governance. Issue the as defined Commercial reports per pre-agreed timelines and dates. Be the company representative and take the initiative to cultivate strong client relationships.
- Implement the optimum structure and train the Commercial Team.
- Recorded weekly meeting with the Operations Manager on key deliverables for the Business Unit.
- Ensure all handover meetings take place and actions are minuted and closed prior to profit plan signoff.
- Coordinate, manage and support QS R&R deliverables to ensure all activities are running in sequence for Pre-Construction and Construction, all key milestones are met / closed on time with relevant Commercial information made available to key stakeholders and compliant with company QA processes & business goals and policies.
- Review all QS profit plans for monthly signoff and audit and challenge the detail on an interim reporting basis where risk lends itself to further ongoing review.
- Interpret contract rights & obligations and evaluate technical/financial risks for management reporting. Implement contract guiding policy & ensure all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Lead, manage and close matters where QS support is needed for R&R deliverables working with Operations Manager / PM / other support functions without the need for further escalation to senior management.
- Identify potential commercial risks, manage & implement agreed mitigation strategies/innovative control measures with the Group Comm. Dir. / BU Commercial Lead and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management with recommendations.
- Minimum 10+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveyor / Construction Economics
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For more information feel free to call Sylvester on 0949029944 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org