Senior Civil Engineer (Flood risk)
Senior Civil Engineer (Flood Risk Management)
Due to significant growth in our Water and Flood Risk Management Business, our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil (Flood Risk) Engineer to join our Irish Flood Engineering team and support the flood risk team leader in managing a large team in the delivery of a significant number of major flood relief schemes and other similar civil engineering projects.
Based in our Cork office, the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience within an established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in a position of responsibility within a friendly working environment.
The Cork based Flood Risk Management/Engineering team is currently responsible for the delivery of a number of the largest food relief schemes in Ireland, including the Cork City Flood Relief Scheme, as well as providing flood risk management advise and related services to numerous public and private sector clients.
The team also works closely with our related water and maritime teams in Ireland, as well as with our other international offices in the delivery of major civil infrastructure projects.
This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term and international opportunities. The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of civil engineering projects within the water sector. He/she will work closely together with the Flood Risk Team Leader and will be responsible for the further development of civil and water related skills within the team. He/she will act as final reviewer of the work of more junior engineers as well as being responsible for the management and delivery of significant projects.
- Honours degree in civil engineering, flood risk management, maritime, coastal or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ post qualification experience in flood risk/civil/water and related engineering consultancy (with minimum of 5 years in a design consultancy)
- Design experience in a number of the following sectors; Quay wall design, drainage and pumping station design, flood protection studies and structures, project management, design team management, Contract administration
- Have achieved Chartered status
- Proven Track Record in managing design teams
- Experience in the design and delivery of flood relief schemes and/or other major civil engineering projects
- Experienced in project appraisal and authoring technical reports
- Familiarity with most common contracts used in the sector (in particular the Public Works Contracts);
- Proven team player with a proactive approach to work
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience in training and professional development of junior and intermediate staff
- Experience in Project Planning, Cost Control and Change Management
- Experience in hydrology and hydraulics also desirable.
- Geotechnical Experience also desirable
- Managing a project team of civil engineers (drainage, structures, geotechnical, environmental, flood risk)
- Multidisciplinary Team Project management and Design Lead Role on civil engineering projects and teams;
- Planning, supervising and reporting on infrastructure projects
- Detailed design lead for coastal structures, river walls, flood protection, drainage and related works;
- Preparation of feasibility study reports, cost estimates and civil design
- Preparation of bid submissions in response to tenders for consultancy services
- Coaching and developing junior engineers;
- Reviewing the work of others.
- Contract administration.
- Commercial Management of Projects, including Change Management.
- Understanding and Management of Client Requirement
For more information please contact Thomas on 094 90 29944 and email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org