The position is an EHS Lead position for a range of laboratory departments on site, and also includes leading the campus chemical safety and industrial hygiene programs.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining close attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of EHS regulatory requirements, chemical safety and industrial hygiene. Knowledge and experience of REACH Regulation also desirable.
- Min 5 years relevant EHS experience, preferably in pharmaceutical / medical device industry.
- Third level diploma/degree in health and safety.
- Engage, influence and support the management team and employees in campus laboratory departments to achieve safety and environmental goals & objectives in line with the overall campus goals and objectives.
- Continuously develop a culture of strong safety engagement amongst employees.
- Influence management and engage employees to drive excellence in safety performance, utilising the Operational Excellence framework to drive EHS improvements.
- Risk assessment of tasks, changes, machinery and contractor activities.
- Together with the EHS Team, develop and implement effective safety programs and initiatives to continuously improve safety performance, including Risk Assessment; Accident Investigation; Ergonomics; Behavioural Safety; Safety Promotion; EHS Training; EHS Audits; Contractor Safety Management; Safety Committees.
- Lead the chemical safety, industrial hygiene and ergonomics programs campus-wide.
This role offers autonomy and ownership for assigned initiatives, areas and programs, whilst having the support of an experienced EHS Team.