Summary of Role:
Our Client is looking for an Electrical Engineer who be based in the Dublin office. The person will primarily work on Development projects, but will also provide input to Construction and Operational sites when technical assistance is required.
What we require?
- The Electrical Engineer should have a minimum of two years’ experience in the development and design of generating facilities, or similar. Any additional construction/site experience is preferred.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University.
- Current membership with Engineers Ireland is not mandatory but is preferred.
- The person in this role will be required to attend local and international meetings, training and seminars as required. At times, this may require that the person travel up to 50% of their time in a given month. Traveling is predominantly by air and/or short distance road travel.
- The person must be readily available for conference calls while travelling and/or in the office, and be able to respond to e-mails quickly, regardless of location.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Conceptual design for electrical engineering components of renewable energy power plants.
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Apply aspects of the Employer’s Requirements to all designs and enforce the Employer’s Requirements in review of site documentation and during any site inspections.
- Provide technical input into specific sections of our client’s Global Development Standard.
- Review and input into Asset Engineering Team operational procedures and standards.
- Provide technical input into electrical health & safety procedures and participate in the Electrical Safety Committee.
- Participate in electrical incident investigations and provide technical input into investigation report commentary and subsequent operating procedure updates.
- Support the senior engineers in the Asset Engineering Team when requested.
- Attend ongoing local and international training seminars for both technical and company policy/standards training.
- Attend and undertake CPD training, structured reading and tasks for ongoing professional development.
- Procurement, and review, of front-end electrical engineering reports, drawings and investigations (e.g. grid studies, feasibility studies, load flow and short-circuit studies, energy loss calculations, reticulation network designs, substation layouts etc.).
- Assessment of construct ability of green-field sites.
- Review of Grid Codes and Transmission Codes in various countries, and application to designs and/or technical discussions.
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on our client’s projects in various countries, providing technical assistance and clarifications to any staff members when requested.
- Participation in technical design and planning meetings both locally and overseas.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies and others, both locally and overseas as required.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Detailed due diligence review of projects in various countries in accordance with our client’s Global Development Standard.
- International travel to inspect new and operational project sites, participate in equipment factory acceptance tests and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Producing detailed site inspection reports and meeting minutes.
- Ensuring electrical engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring that all documentation is uploaded and labelled correctly in the various SharePoint Online project directories.
- Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries.
For more information call Chris on 0949029944 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org