Electronic Design Engineer
Our Client is seeking to recruit an Electronic Design Engineer to participate in the on-going development, design and testing of electronic control systems used on a range of machinery. This is a permanent full-time position based in our R&D department in Co. Mayo.
- Design and testing of electronic hardware for new products.
- Re-design of existing electronic hardware to add new functionality and improve reliability.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety.
- Lab and field testing of complete products electronic systems.
- Liaise with product managers and mechanical design engineers to create a detailed electronic specification for new products.
- Create detailed software specification documents for the software engineers to work from.
- Lab and field testing of prototype software on products.
- Create software test reports, with detailed descriptions on how to replicate any bugs found.
- Participate in the design and code review process with software engineers.
- Create detailed wiring harness drawings for manufacturers.
- Build prototype wiring harnesses to facilitate initial machine testing.
- Liaise with purchasing department and suppliers in the early stages of development to optimise manufacturing efficiency, quality and costs of electronic components.
- Field testing near the factory in Co Mayo will be a large part of the role during summer months.
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing electronic system designs.
- Communicate with customers and service personnel to debug and address electronic issues in the field.
- Provide technical assistance to mechanical design engineers as required.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- On occasions it may be necessary to travel to a customer site to diagnose an electronic issue.
- Occasional travel to electronic hardware supplier premises for meetings and training.