Employee Relations Manager
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
Our client is seeking an ER manager to join their team in Mayo.
The Employee Relations (ER) Manager will report to the HR Manager and is responsible for:
- Leading and supporting the HR Manager in developing the Employee Relations strategy for the plant by designing, implementing and developing an Employee Relations model that is aligned with business needs.
- Leading the implementation of a wide range of leading-edge employee engagement initiatives within the company, with the main objective of building and developing a positive work environment, while supporting the overall strategies and goals of the organization.
- Working closely with key stakeholders across the organisation, you will act as an expert in employee relations diagnosing issues and setting out with clarity, desired outcomes through appropriate resolution strategies in a timely manner.
- Leads and supports the HR Manager in developing the Employee Relations strategy for the plant by designing, implementing and developing an Employee Relations model that is aligned with business needs;
- Leading the implementation of a wide range of leading-edge employee engagement initiatives, with the main objective of building and developing a positive work environment, while supporting the overall strategies and goals of the organization;
- Responsible for ensuring timely resolution of complex employee and manager enquiries and requests that are escalated;
- Conducts or assists with investigations to resolve employment issues, recommends solutions and assists with facilitation of resolution, provides regular status updates to stakeholders as requested;
- Analyse employee relations data and identify trends and recommend solutions to improve process, culture and performance;
- Having a good understanding of the concepts, principles and practices across a range of the HRM functional competencies and be able to apply these in the context of the employee relations and wider HR agenda;
- Ensures employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive client reports or information. Ensures quality customer experience by communicating empathy to de-escalate difficult situations.
- Supports internal and external audits as required;
- Leads and facilitates internal employee focus groups & undertakes specific HR projects and activities at plan and corporate level as required;
- Support other functions in HR in line with the needs of the business.
- A primary degree in Human Resource Management is preferred while a CIPD chartered membership is desirable;
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant industry experience of providing expert advice and judgment to relevant stakeholders in a multi-national cross functional organization including 2 years’ operating at a senior HR level required;
- Experienced with an in depth understanding of Irish employment law relating to case management and associated risks, a thorough understanding of HR policy and processes and proven experience in employee relations.
- A dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Have a strong understanding of the concepts, principals and practice across Employee Relations, Change Management, Performance Development and Employee Engagement and be able to apply these effectively in support of the employee relations agenda.
- Strong credibility and ability to influence at a senior level with strong stakeholder management skills, advisory skills, ability to work at a strategic and operational level and to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities are required
- An effective and skilled communicator.
- Problem solving expertise
- Engage in daily contact with Senior Management and all employees providing advice and expertise obtaining buy-in implementation of various activities.
- Engage in daily contact with employees sharing knowledge and information.
- Communicate & sharing of information with other stakeholders such as Contractors, Service Provider, Consultants, Legal, Professional bodies and other sites.
For further information please contact Jane on 094 90 29944 or email CV to email@example.com