- As a key member of the Leadership Team, contributes to the overall strategic planning and day to day management of the operation leading to the development of a World Class Manufacturing Operation.
- Lead, develop and coach the Engineering team with overall responsibility for hiring, performance enablement and development of the team.
- Involved in process innovation and design for new processes or equipment to match new products requirements in line with RSC and RCG initiatives and future growth projects.
- Support the Strategic Framework in line with Digitize the System projects
- Works with other multinational companies and vendors on new technologies and automation developments to keep the plant up to date.
- Management of all Capital Project and associated work systems, design review, change control, Project Management.
- Responsibility for the Site Master Plan, a 5 year strategic plan for the assets and systems of the largest concentrate plant.
- Working with the Operations Team on resolving all customer related issues to ensure achievement of leading edge customer satisfaction.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a high tech, large volume, manufacturing environment, typically beverages, pharmaceuticals, food or healthcare.
- 3 years’ experience in a senior management position as head of engineering function
- Management of multi-disciplinary technical / engineering teams.
- Major Capital Projects (specification, design, installation, commissioning, cost control, purchasing, contract, planning & scheduling, risk analysis & avoidance).
- Fully familiar with all regulatory and Best Practice with respect to Construction, Design & Management, Atex Regulations, HASWA, Pressure Regulations, Permit Procedures, Building Regulations, HAZOP, COSHHE, COMAH, Electrical Regulations, Seveso etc.
- Process Control and Automation knowledge of PLC, Device Net, Control Net.
- Management of an IT Hardware and Operating system complex environment desirable.
- Management across a multi-functional and global organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, team work and building value based relationships.
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands.
- Degree Qualified in Engineering
- Chartered Professional Status preferable.