Mid-level Environmental Consultant, with a specialist topic such as Acoustics, or Air Quality Assessment etc. Working as an integral member of the Environmental Team, delivering the highest standards of technical work and aiding the expansion of the Environmental business and working closely with fellow professionals.
Work will involve a wide range of deliverables providing general environmental support and also undertaking specialist assessments within the candidates field (such as Acoustics, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrology etc.), and input into Environmental Impact Assessment Reports for a diverse range of public sector and commercial clients. The applicant will work closely with other streams within the business on a range of infrastructure and water projects. They will provide support for proposal and tender documents.
The Environmental Consultant shall:
• Prepare EIAR documents and general environmental technical assessments for major infrastructural / commercial / residential developments;
• Provide support to Senior members of the Environmental Team;
• Provide expert environmental technical assistance to the Business;
• Engage with clients / sub-contractors / external stakeholders as necessary;
• Work closely with other departments within the Clients organisation; Desirable skills/attributes
• Relevant third level qualification in Environmental Science, or a related earth / geo-environmental science; (Minimum Level 8)
• Additional competency and experience in a specific environmental area such as Acoustics / Air Quality Assessment / another environmental topic;
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in an Environmental Consultant role;
• Experience of contributing to and co-ordinating Environmental Impact Assessment Reports;
• Project management experience;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Good knowledge of relevant environmental legislation;
• Be flexible and a good team player;
• Hold Chartered status in their relevant discipline, or be working towards the same.
• Experience of engaging with external stakeholders;
• Experience of engaging with clients / sub-contractors;
GIS experience (preferably with MapInfo / ArcGIS / QGIS) would also be beneficial.
Level 8 Degree in Environmental or a related science
Type of Position:
Permanent full-time position
Min of 5 years’ relevant experience in Environmental Consultancy, specifically in the co-ordination and preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment reports, and general environmental assessment.
For further information contact Chris on 087 234 8835 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time