The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the estimating process of in high value projects. The candidate will receive extensive and thorough assistance by our client Estimating Team and will have the opportunity to progress throughout the Company.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Support the estimating team
· Do On-Screen Take Offs
· Prepare Bill of Quantities,
· Compile budgets; involving materials, labour, required equipment and prelims
· Process and coordinate quotes from different entities
· Work closely with senior staff members, design teams and sub-contractors to assemble accurate and up to date quotes.
· Familiarize with the cohesion between details and the final products
· Documenting and archiving estimating related documents.
· Participating in meetings with Main Contractors, Suppliers etc to discuss the project details
· Completing other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder’s level assigned by Senior staff.
· Qualifications – in construction or engineering related subject
· Residential experience preferable
· Key Skills –Experience in Microsoft Office (essential). Quick learner (essential). Technically minded with high attention to detail. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Essential).Reliable. Ability to work effectively both alone and contributing to a team environment. Ability to read technical drawings.
Experinece in external Facades an advantage
Contact Thomas White at Arcon Recruitment on 094 9029944 087 234 8835