This role shall report to the Facilities Manager and shall be predominately responsible for the maintenance and repair of process/facilities equipment in operation at the site. Perform technical troubleshooting of equipment while assuring minimal impact to all facility and plant operations, in compliance with good maintenance practices, SOP’s and GMP requirements.
The main duties & responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance work as required by PM schedules and actively improve PM’s to prevent issues from re-occurring.
- Ensuring compliance at all times with Health & Safety and legislative requirements including wearing PPE and maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene generally.
- Participate in project teams contributing to Facilities, Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement targets.
- Maintaining a high quality of record keeping in compliance with company systems including quality, safety and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and P&ID’s
- To participate in all training and assessment activities related to the position, e.g. GMP training, equipment technical training, Forklift training, Health & Safety requirements etc.Preparation of plant and equipment folders for all areas.
- Assisting in the management of maintenance contracts.
- Ensuring that all site safety equipment is regularly maintained.Support commissioning/validation on existing and new projects.
- Performing of internal work requisitions as requested.
- Observe for energy saving possibilities and execution
- Management of external contractors when on site.
- Be part of the on call/call out team as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Facilities Technician position
- Trade Qualification: Electrician/Maintenance or Mechanical Fitter
- 4+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry preferable.
- Proven track record in equipment maintenance Experience in Black Utilities maintenance (HVAC/Air Conditioning/Chilled Water/Plant Steam etc.) an advantage.
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting ability especially to support complex equipment and process technologies.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements an advantage.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight timescales.
- Good communication skills to deal with people at all levels including internal and external clients.
- Full Clean Driving License
- Good computer skills
- Be able to work overtime, weekends and bank holidays as required.
For more information please either call me on 087 922 1136 or email me at email@example.com