Our client is seeking a Financial Controller for their operation based in Co. Leitrim
Purpose of Role
Responsible for financial control and reporting, taxation, treasury, and statutory reporting. Reports to the Head of Finance.
- Manage the monthly and annual accounting closings and preparation of financial accounts, including the consolidation of financial statements with other group of companies.
- Review and approve reconciliations of the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS standards and corporate policies and procedures.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports and reporting packages to the corporate head office and to regulatory bodies.
- Preparation of the company annual financial statements in close collaboration with the external auditors to ensure a smooth audit process and clean audit opinion.
- Manage Treasury and Accounts Payable functions. Reconciliation of bank accounts on a daily bases to ensure all transactions are recorded correctly.
- Manage short term and long-term cash needs and funding requirements.
- Lead preparation of tax calculations and filing of tax returns. Liaise with the external advisors as required.
- Complete statutory reporting and filings as required.
- Manage and develop a team of accountants and analysts.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a related field. ACCA / Chartered accountant required. AITI qualification preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in control and accounting, including +5 years as a Manager. Big 4 experience and financial services experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience with databases.
- Multi-tasking. Ability to prioritise workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Initiative. Ability to deliver results with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Team management skills.
For more information or to apply contact Aoife on 094 90 29944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org