Purpose of position:
The Graduate Engineer will be responsible for the coordination of Maintenance/Engineering activity associated with facility and equipment. The person will be responsible to ensure all activity is documented and in compliance with quality system. The position will assist in the development of new extrusion/assembly processes for new products and the introduction of new technology/equipment where appropriate.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Upkeep of Indysoft PM system and master scheduling plan. Ensure all PM’s are up to date and scheduling tasks with maintenance team and production scheduler.
- Compile performance report for Engineering & Maintenance dept.
- Ensure that manufacturing equipment is maintained and works are documented in accordance with the quality system.
- Preparation and presentation of documentation to company auditors
- Implement and sustain a process to stock and control equipment spares
- Report unscheduled maintenance activity and identify trends.
- Provide technical input and leadership on problem solving, resolution of technical processing issues and implementation of process improvements in the extrusion department.
- To attain technical expertise in extrusion technologies and materials.
- Assist in improvement initiatives including investigation, trouble shooting, driving effective determination of root cause and championing a structured approach to problem solving using lean tools and 6 sigma principles.
- Deliver on assigned project with regards to lead times and budget.
- Assist with the introduction of new equipment by updating systems
- Generate Tooling and Product drawings using applicable Software Packages to support the Extrusion Department
- Generate Product and Material Specifications to support the Extrusion Department
The Graduate Engineer will have a primary degree or equivalent in polymer, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in CAD or Solid Works is necessary
- Medical Device Manufacturing experience will be an advantage.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- Have an ability to work hands-on engaging with cross-functional groups , equipment and materials vendors to resolve technical issues.
- A structured approach to problem solving based on the utilization of data.