Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor – Dublin
Our client are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Advisor for their Fit-Out, Mechanical Service and Facilities Manager Business. The role is based in Dublin but will involve travelling to regionals sites.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to the project & The Clients Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Adherence to the clients Health & Safety Plans.
- Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
- Compliance with the project safety statement.
- Coordination of project safety indicators.
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Ongoing C.O.S.H.H assessments, control of hazardous substances.
- Safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- The FKM Group site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
- Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to the clients project management.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
- Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety
- 2+ years’ experience of managing environmental, health and safety on large construction sites.
- Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- NEBOSH certificate level qualification
For more information call Thomas on 0949029944 or email your cv to email@example.com