Health and Safety Advisor
Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment and will initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness.
- Inspections of site operations and premises in order to determine whether the law is being complied with and whether the highest standards of safety, health and environmental protection, which is reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved.
- Provide the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager with information on the safety, health and environmental performance of individual sites and other workplaces. This information will include details of compliance levels, accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and any external correspondence received.
- Will audit sites and workplaces in compliance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and Safe T Cert and in accordance with an audit programme agreed with the Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager.
- In conjunction with the management team, investigate the causes of accidents and dangerous occurrences and will collate and record this information.
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments / method statements for given work activities.
- When required and, if suitably qualified, provide appropriate training.
- Liaise with representatives from the enforcing authorities and other safety, health and environmental organisations and worker representation groups.
- Familiarise themselves with all current legislation, codes of practice, standards and guidance affecting safety, health and the environment.
- Support the Company’s managers and employees at all levels, in their efforts to improve the safety, health and environmental performance and will set a good personal example.
- Role will involve travel in Ireland and UK.
- H&S qualification (Minimum level 7)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role(civils and/or M&E)
The successful candidate would be based from our clients head office in Dublin, however the role would involve travel to sites around Ireland and possibly the UK (once every 4 – 6 weeks).
They will be working in both our civil engineering and M&E divisions so experience in one or both would be very advantageous. This is a permanent role and we’re willing to pay market rates.
For more information please call Chris on 0949029944/0872348835