Health and Safety Manager – Civils
Our client a major Civil company are looking for a health and safety manager to work with senior management to deliver a high standard working environment on a project in Northern Ireland. You will be responsible for leading, directing and delivering the companies safety plan.
- Planning, implementation & review of a suitable Health & Safety system
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements
- Create risk assessments and method statements for all works, and develop and implement appropriate controls.
- Accident Management – work with management to ensure a process is established which includes incident investigation, identification and implementation of all corrective actions and effective preventative programs
- Provide technical support regarding the H&S management system, legislation updates, and other technical advice
- Provide Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out throughout the site in conjunction with the management team.
- Work closely with the management team to develop and deliver safety procedures throughout the company.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Work closely with staff to ensure all safety equipment is calibrated and inspected at regular intervals.
- Comply with company ISO Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required.
- Understand and apply our safety policy statement in all aspects of your work.
- Develop Temporary Traffic Management Designs and Plans for works locations.
- Work closely with Senior Management in fulfilling tender requirements to secure future work.
- Act as PSCS/PSDP for projects.
- Work closely with staff to ensure all employees receive a good standard of safety training relevant to their position in the company.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives.
- Help develop and improve company internal processes and management system by reporting corrective actions, updates and improvement ideas.
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of internal staff and customers are understood and delivered.
- Strong inter-personal Skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, good influencing and negotiation skills and ability to coach.
- A positive attitude coupled with strong ability to direct others on health & safety matters is essential
Contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment for further information.