Health and Safety Officer
Our client a Sligo based company are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
This role is initially a 2-3 months contract.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment and will initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness.
- Assist with Inspections of site operations and premises in order to determine whether the law is being complied with and whether the highest standards of safety, health and environmental protection, which is reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved.
- Provide the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager with information on the safety, health and environmental performance of individual sites and other workplaces. This information will include details of compliance levels, accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and any external correspondence received.
- In conjunction with the management team, investigate the causes of accidents and dangerous occurrences and will collate and record this information.
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments / method statements for given work activities.
- Familiarize themselves with all current legislation, codes of practice, standards and guidance affecting safety, health and the environment.
- Support the Company’s managers and employees at all levels, in their efforts to improve the safety, health and environmental performance and will set a good personal example.
- Some travel may be required
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- Recognised applicable 3rd Level Qualification in Health and Safety.
- 3+ years Post Graduate experience on construction sites including Data Centre and/or Pharmaceutical construction.
- Knowledge of Irish Health and Safety legislation a must.
- Previous experience working directly for Contractors on Construction Sites a distinct advantage.
- IT Proficient a must – Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail.
For further information please contact Thomas White