Health & Safety Lead
You will work with the Engineering and Manufacturing management team to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives, which will contribute to driving an H&S culture change.
The right person will co-ordinate the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimize or control these hazards.
Liaising with other departments on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate H&S standards are maintained. You will actively participates in designing and delivering the Company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and training advisers.
The H&S lead will oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions while working closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures and with training providers of for Emergency Response Teams, to ensure the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations.
You will have excellent communication skills and project influence to associates at all levels in the organisation. You have the ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company. You will have excellent presentation skills and be proficient with MS Office.
You will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience in Health and Safety, within a regulated environment. With a proven track record of success as an H&S Engineer in a large manufacturing facility is essential.
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
- Ability to engage and influence others regardless of role/level within the organisation.
- High level of PC skills required. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Degree level and/or equivalent experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.