Health & Safety Manager
Our client is seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team based in Limerick with requirement to travel nationwide to various sites.
Duties of the Role:
- Maintain and Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free work environment.
- Training records for all employees to be maintained in an appropriate systematic format, and in format that is consistent across all sites.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, and make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root cause analysis and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health and Safety systems.
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and bodies
- Minimum of 3/4 years’ experience in Middle Management in a HSQE role preferably in Utilities/ Civils reporting to Senior Management and Directors ideally with a Main Contractor.
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Excellent reporting skills
- Willingness to travel as required
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org