This is an entry level position and the role holder will work closely with the IT Business Systems Manager completing technical tasks that support and are essential to the efficient & smooth operations of the entire production facility.
The role holder will also be involved in various company projects including the ongoing development of the ERP system and various reporting elements.
Responsibilities for the role – what are you responsible for:
Under the guidance of the IT Business Systems Manager, assist the I.T Department with completion of daily tasks that support the delivery of a smooth service to our internal team & external customers.
- Act as the first point of contact for low level I.T queries & issues, acting as a support desk, having sole responsibility for documenting and logging IT Support Queries. Solving with/without assistance.
- Provide hands on technical assistance for all low-level IT Hardware including but not limited to PC’s, laptop, and scanners, printers’ issues etc. under the guidance of Line Manager.
- Provide technical assistance for all organisation IT Software where required, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Malware and Antivirus Software and some third-party software. Training will be provided where appropriate.
- Support with the creation & development of IT SOP documentation.
- Support IT Business Systems Manager with proactively monitoring server use and performance, participate in the development of disaster recovery processes and procedures, and carry out relevant testing as required.
- Assist with trouble shooting/ problem solving various issues in the AWM Facilities. (E.G problem solve issues at nearest point of origin and communicate with relevant internal customers including the Warehouse, Design, Production, Sales & Customer service office, Accounts, etc)
- Communicate & liaise with third-party Vendor/Contractors where required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all sensitive data handled and maintain GDPR compliance.
- Support the IT Business Systems Manager with updating equipment and programs. E.G updating Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Malware, Antivirus and general systems updates etc.
- Set up PC’s/ laptops/ phones for new starters & ceasing details of leavers.
- Carry out data entry and create relevant reports, analyzing the data for same where appropriate.
- Support various departments by coaching and advising internal customers on best practice IT procedures, e.g data storage, data /system security, passwords, best practice use etc
- Support the IT Business Systems Manager by working on cross functional teams on various adhoc projects where required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including supporting the team with the continued implementation of our ERP system.
Further Skills/ Attributes:
- A Qualification in an Information Technology related discipline or equivalent required.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic experience in network administration and desktop support is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of excel, outlook, reporting & ERP systems will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver who is confident in ability & solution focused.
- Organised, enthusiastic, forward thinking and willing to get involved in all aspects of I.T
- A resilient self-starter who is capable of working in busy environment and handling multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential