The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct routine chromatographic (HPLC and IC primarily) and wet chemistry testing of raw materials, in process and final concentrate samples in strict compliance with GLP & cGMP procedures.
The laboratory is ISO17025 accredited which requires continued demonstration of technical
competency underpinned by a strong Quality System in an environment of continuous improvement.
This position involves shift work therefore flexibility is required.
- Testing materials using chemical analysis (HPLC, GC, IC, GC/MS, LC/MS, NIR, UV Vis, Brix, Density/RI, pH, cloud point).
- Interpret data from analyses to validate that the materials meet The Coca-Cola Company specifications and approve for use in production or shipment to customers. Investigate analytical deviations and implement corrective actions
- Use of Statistical Process Control management
- Work to ISO17025 / KORE requirements for training, documentation, instrumentation control / maintenance, conduct audits and follow procedures.
- Maintain and update SAP to control use and release of materials.
- Maintain laboratory instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibration and repair).
- Active participation in Laboratory Roles e.g. Safety Team, IATA trained for shipment of samples, liaise with external laboratories, management of Proficiency Testing Programs, control of non-conforming material, Continuous Improvement, etc.
- Participate in team projects, inter-departmental groups or company-wide initiatives in order to share information or represent the Laboratory.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ practical Laboratory experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment .
- Previous HPLC experience is essential. Experience with analytical instrumentation (IC, GC, Density/RI) is a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience using SAP an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent Teamwork abilities.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a Science related discipline (preferably Chemistry)