Laboratory Analyst – Metals
The primary responsibility of this role will be as follows:
- Perform heavy metal analyses on a range of different matrices.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative chemical or biological analyzes according to established scientific methods.
- Ensure the quality of the organization’s raw materials, in process products and finished goods;
- Prepares detailed reports with recommendations; performs routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment.
- Works under minimal supervision; developing subject matter knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Trains and instructs analysts/ scientists.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Develops and/or validates laboratory test methods or equipment to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
• Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Post Graduate MSc. In Chemistry or related subject is preferable.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
• 8 years relevant experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry desirable.
• Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desireable.
• Experience of trouble shooting is desireable.
• 10% Regional and global travel