Laboratory Analyst (Microbiology)
This role involves ensuring all Quality Control and Quality Assurance requirements specifically, microbiological are met for incoming raw materials, in-process monitoring, and final product release. The role will involve the day to day microbiological analysis as required to support operations throughout the plant. In addition, this role will involve a high level of interaction with associates at plant level. This position involves shift work therefore flexibility is required.
- Laboratory and routine micro analysis of samples and laboratory work.
- Participate in root cause analysis as part of investigations into any non-conformance’s. Implement corrective actions (both external and internal).
- Maintain and update SAP to control use and release of materials.
- Testing of cleaning validation samples for example: water samples, biological indicators.
- Environmental (air) monitoring.
- Perform growth promotion of media and microbial identification testing.
- Provide microbiological assistance to the Laboratory and wider community as required.
- Training of Laboratory and Production team members on microbiological techniques.
- Assist in method validation & method transfer, liaison with the company system on microbiology related proficiency programmes.
- Active participation in laboratory roles e.g. Safety Team, IATA training provided for shipment of samples, liaise with external laboratories, management of Proficiency Testing Programs, control of non-conforming material, Continuous Improvement.
- Participate in team projects, inter-departmental groups or company-wide initiatives in order to share information or represent the Laboratory.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ practical Laboratory experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Microbiological knowledge and experience are essential.
- Previous experience using SAP an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent Teamwork abilities.
- BSc/MSc in Microbiology preferred