Laboratory Shift Manager
- Maintain safety systems within the Laboratory.
- Lead and motivate a multi-skilled Laboratory team and ensure the efficient delivery of all Laboratory activities to schedule.
- Ensure that all ingredients, finished products and intermediate products are tested and released in accordance with procedures.
- Implementation of KORE to ensure compliance with the policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 Laboratory Management Systems.
- Implementation and management of Laboratory GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements.
- Management of the Laboratory Training requirements and Corrective Action Program.
- Embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the laboratory to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
- Ensure processes and equipment validation are carried out in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Management of the Internal/ external audit program, liaising with corporate and external registrars/governmental agencies
- Development of associate competencies/skills ensuring the highest levels of engagement and team capability.
- Develop and implement Performance Development plans for associates.
- Provide support to plant wide improvement activities and lean initiatives.
- Participate in local, regional and global distributed work teams as required.
- Management of the Laboratory consumable and Equipment VMI.
- A Degree in either Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related Life Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years Laboratory or QA industrial experience
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025 : 2017 requirements
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Qualification in Continuous Improvement is desireable
- Proven ability to work with SAP enterprise system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
- Flexible and able to travel at short notice
- Experience in testing and release of ingredients and final products