Maintenance Technician / Fitter
- Compliance to all site Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Duties to include; preventative maintenance, fabrication and repair on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs within the production environment.
- Support production troubleshooting and fault finding and Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies by Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment, using a Reliability‐Centred Maintenance (RCM) approach as appropriate.
- Support equipment projects from design to install.
- Ensure all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
- Responsible for filling out plant downtime notification on SAP for all instances of plant downtime. Report to include time down, corrective action, preventative action going forward and parts used.
- Prompt updates to SAP system controlling reordering of stock parts.
- Engage with vendors and parts suppliers to source non stock parts
- Assist with ‘On Call’ following a rota system.
- Support the development of apprentices within the company.
- Certified Electrician / Electrician Instrumentation / Instrumentation / Mechanical Fitter essential to be considered for this role.
- Minimum of 4 years’ maintenance and troubleshooting experience in a similar role
- Experience with integration of computer, electronic and programmable control systems with mechanical/ hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Clear understanding and experience of; Mechanical maintenance. Troubleshooting of hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC’s. Skills in tools and components use. Repair of mechanical systems such as bearings, gears, clutches, belts, and seals.
- Willingness to travel to equipment vendors as required.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Team player and a good problem solver
- Able to communicate, both in writing and verbally, with internal and external people.
- Computer literate including Email and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Power point
- Be flexible in this position and be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties.
- With aseptic bulk manufacturing vessels, filling operations utilising blow fill and Isolator/RABS bottle fill.
- Packaging operations utilising, robotic packing.
Experience with SAP or other maintenance management system.