Reporting to the Site Manager of the Plant, the successful candidate will work as part of a close-knit team to manage the purchasing and stock control of raw materials and other ingredients used in the production process.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate with other managers to determine the raw material supply needs
• Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
• Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
• Control inventory levels to ensure availability of material at all times to the production process
• Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value and continuously evaluating cost reduction strategies
• Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc
• Assist in production forecasting to plan future orders for raw materials and supplies.
• Assist with ingredient traceability procedures and lean operational programmes
• Manage the customs process as needed due to Brexit
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience as materials manager
• Experience in shipping and receiving
• Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
• Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• A problem-solver
• BSc/BA in logistics or relevant role.
For more information please contact Sean on 087 922 1136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org