Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the purchase raw materials, production supplies and capital equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager / production supervisors to ensure materials are always available to meet planned production schedules.
- Work with the technical team to source materials, advise lead times and deliver components on target to meet new product requirements.
- Develop relations with key vendors, establish their technical capability and work with them to source and identify new materials, manage potential stock –outs or material discontinuations.
- Build and maintain a motivated competent warehouse team.
- Manage the receipt of raw materials and supplies in accordance with the Nordson Medical quality system.
- Implement and maintain effective stock management and purchasing control systems.
- Manage shipment of finished product, samples and equipment through packing for safe transportation, organisation of appropriate cost-effective transportation and generation of documentation as per the Nordson Medical quality system.
- Actively manage inventory to minimise inventory-carrying costs and ensure accuracy of same through cycle counting and effective location management.
- Maintain warehouse areas to a high level of GMP, housekeeping, 5S and safety.
- Maintain clear and open communication with other Nordson staff, customers, suppliers and hauliers.
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Should have a materials management qualification.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- S/he should have a proven track record in Supply Chain Management Project Planning and Execution.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- S/he must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.
- S/he should have strong communication, project management, organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Self starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills