Mechanical Engineer – Cork
Our client a multinational construction consultancy currently have a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Building Engineering Group. Based in their Cork office, the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience in Building Services within an established consultancy with a friendly office environment. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development. The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of design projects including healthcare, technology, commercial, industrial and educational commissions.
- Designing and reviewing design work of junior engineers.
- Compilation of Specifications for Mechanical Services and Installations.
- Ensuring full co-ordination between specifications and drawings.
- Estimating, cost control, Compiling project reports.
- Project planning, conceptual design studies and reports.
- Training and professional development of junior and intermediate engineers working as part of group.
- Liaising with architects, clients and other stakeholders to set the constraints of the mechanical design and co-ordinate with all other disciplines in terms of the mechanical requirements and the mechanical discipline’s influence on all others.
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment.
- Experience in Healthcare projects an advantage
- Previous experience in leading a design team an advantage.
- Preferably close to achieving chartership or chartered.
- Proven team player.
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant healthcare standards and regulations.
- Experience in the design of the main Building Services Mechanical systems such as HVAC, public health, medical gas, pneumatic tube, steam etc.
- Revit experience would be an advantage.
For more information call Thomas on 0949029944 or email your cv to email@example.com