The Mechatronic Engineer is a multidisciplinary role that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, systems engineering and control engineering. The Automation Engineer works closely with operations and maintenance to install, maintain, modify and repair Automation systems, equipment and component parts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide technical support to high speed automated production and utility equipment.
• Assess business risk to the Business Unit from system failures, create recovery plans and projects to address.
• Manage the Inventory and lifecycle of computer/control systems within their respective business units.
• Manage and drive software / data integrity requirements for the Business Unit. Identify gaps and implement fixes.
• Work with Equipment manager, supervisors, managers to prioritise work and work with Business Unit members to ensure the target closure dates are achieved
• Support production during audits of automation, PLC back up and data integrity.
• Support the generation and routing of data integrity and system based documents through the Quality Assurance process.
• Support new equipment installations in a busy production environment.
• Take a pro-active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties that may arise.
• Review, approval & execution of validation activity to meet QA,
• Attend Tier meetings
• Attend external meetings as required
• Attend 1:1 meeting with manager
Education and Experience
• The successful candidate will have Level 6 or level 7 HETAC qualification in Mechatronic/Automation
• Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Experience in high volume automation / robotics Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision and SCADA systems
• Ability to organize work load and work on own initiative.
• Experience: SAP, Coral, Quality software systems, working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
• Experience: +3 years working in a regulated environment.
• Experience of working on a team, including strong organisational and time management skills. • Strong ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
• Flexibility to respond to issues outside normal business hours.
• Ability to learn new and different technologies.
For further information contact Sean on 0949029944.