- Third level engineering qualification (minimum Bachelor Degree) in Polymer, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering. Significant experience (15yr+) will be considered in lieu of minimum qualification.
- Experienced in Injection Moulding, Mould Tooling, Materials, Ancillary equipment and repair and maintenance of all related equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of medical device environment including Clean room manufacture, validations, process controls, etc would be of advantage
This involves but is not limited to:
- Primary responsibility to provide Polymer Processing, Tooling, and Engineering expertise for the range of products and plastic raw materials.
- Responsible for defining and implementing innovative engineering technologies, which will deliver highly efficient and cost-effective processes and equipment improvements.
- Keeping up to date with new technological developments and to maintain and develop moulding standards
- To provide technical support to Customer, Toolmakers and R&D/NPI when spec’ing out Mould tools and Materials
- To provide Production support and Maintenance Activities as required
- Training and Mentoring of Technicians and Operators as required
- Participation in on-going Process Improvement activities
- Support the quotation team in relation to Mould tool and Mould Assembly activity
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Monitor production and adjust parameters within acceptable ranges to optimise quality and performance ensuring components are run as close to nominal as possible unless instructed otherwise.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are compliant with company quality system requirements.
- Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of Corrective/Preventative actions to address Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues.
- Liaise closely with Operations team to ensure Manufacturing and R&D/NPI activities are scheduled and completed to the required standard
- Develop Moulding process, either on own or with Process Engineers for new products using our Scientific Injection Moulding process development approach to optimize new raw materials, tooling, and technologies.
- Flexibility to travel between Suppliers, Toolmakers, and customers.
- Ensure that all production and processes are run as cost effectively as possible.
- Minimise set up and cycle times.
- Minimise waste of resins, defect components etc.