New Product Introduction Engineer
Location: Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Ireland
We are currently hiring a Medical Device – New Product Introduction Engineer:
- Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced, team-driven, “lean” systems environment, where every day brings new projects and challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Leading Projects and Project teams to ensure Project Goals are met especially on time delivery, quality requirements and cost targets are achieved.
- Planning, implementing and co-ordination of New Product Introductions to include: product design, product specifications, process validations identification of training needs, process & equipment lay-out, production procedures, material specifications, material & packaging procurement in accordance with the company’s Procedures and Regulatory standards.
- Sourcing and implementing tooling, equipment and technologies, as required to implement the manufacture of new and existing production. Co-ordinating the supply of extrusions, if required, with the Extrusion department including agreeing specifications of tubing, resins and quality requirements.
- Ensuring effective and comprehensive customer communication throughout the duration of the project.
- Planning and co-ordination to ensure that the necessary testing, evaluation & control of equipment measures are in place to monitor & support product quality
- Planning and co-ordinating New Product Design to include Design Inputs, Design Outputs, Design Verification and Design Validation including, where necessary, Clinical trials, Technical Files, Technical Reports and Design history Files
- Development of Manufacturing Process in conjunction with New Product Introduction Team including, as required, training of technicians, process operators and other staff.
- Planning and implementing manufacturing cell lay-outs, work station design and material handling to ensure efficient manufacturing to meet product cost targets, efficiency targets and quality targets.
- Leading Project management teams to ensure on-time task completion, effective team work, good motivation and effective communication.
- Especially in the area of New Products but also existing products, participation in areas such as Customer Complaints, CAPA’s, etc., either as responsible for timely closure or providing technical support.
- Completing any tasks within the project scope including validations, testing, product design and so forth.
- Supporting the business acquisition process by way of completing quotations for piece part prices, equipment and other project costs. Providing technical support and customer communication as required.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
- Engineering qualification in Polymer, Medical, Mechanical, Design or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in new product introduction, manufacturing, quality or process engineering, preferably in catheter manufacturing.
- Experience in Project Management regarding new product introduction, preferably in a Medical Device environment.
- Fully PC literate.
- Highly competent in catheter manufacturing processes, including extrusion, moulding, balloon forming, braiding, packaging and other assembly techniques.
For more information please either call me on 087 922 1136 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org