The role of the Technical Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Administration of various central technical databases and technical queries:
- General departmental administration within the laboratory, assisting the technical managers and wider technical team on ad hoc administration.
- Provides direct support for the sample administration processes including receiving samples, and responding to routine customer sample related requests;
- Administration of sample information entry into technical database (Sample Manager);
- Ordering consumables orders and following up on supplier queries;
- Issuing technical invoices & budget support to internal and external suppliers;
- Tracking customer requests on database;
- Working with courier to ship samples;
- General office duties for example file maintenance of technical records, stock taking, spreadsheets;
- Assisting the Technical Managers and wider Technical Team on ad hoc project work;
- General departmental administration such as preparation of meeting agendas and minute taking;
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role; manufacturing experience is desirable:
- Knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential.
- Previous experience working with a laboratory system is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels in a confidential and professional manner.
- Highly motivated, professional and enthusiastic individual who is flexible and has a “hands on” approach in a busy working environment.
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to procedures for data entry and integrity.
- High level sense of urgency with ability to prioritize work and escalate to management accordingly.
- A recognised Certificate/Diploma in administration is essential.
- A recognised Certificate/Diploma in a technical subject is desirable.